Tuesday, March 11, 2008

quick note before bedtime

I was just wrapping up all of my 'business' online and ready to go on to the next task to be done before i go to bed. When all of the sudden, something that just tickles me happened - the baby got the hiccups. :) It just feels silly. Every second or so, my belly will just 'jump.' :) This is the second time today that the poor little guy has been hiccup-stricken.
I just wanted to share that with you all.

While I am here, I will tell you another story. I will call this one "Blessings in disguise."
Yesterday and today, Nathan and I have both been under the weather. Me moreso than him, but he seems to just not quite be himself these last two days. Well here is the blessing of it. On Monday I woke up around 7:15 +/-, got ready to start the day - realized that I felt sick and miserable - and laid back down, deciding to sleep until Nathan woke up. At 9:15 I grew worried about him and went to check on him. (He is normally up between 7 and 8:00). When I got into his room, he was just laying there staring at the ceiling playing with his hands. So I got into bed with him and we sunggled for just over 2 hours!!! This was a beautiful time for me as he is NOT a snuggler AT ALL - EVER. I am lucky if a hug lasts for more than 2 seconds normally! As we lay in bed, him all crunched up against/on top of me, I realized that this was the first time, since he could move his own body, that we got to snuggle. I also realized that it was likely one of the last times we could just do that. With the baby coming in just a few more weeks, I am not likely to just be able to lay there for 2 hours just because we want to.
This morning went much the same way. I went in to snuggle at 8:00, but he was still asleep, so I left him and came back at 9:00. This morning we snuggled for about one hour.
It was BEAUTIFUL!!

3 comments:

julie said...

you made me cry!!!
sweet memories.

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! I know what you mean about a hug lasting 2 seconds!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! He's such a good kid!

Love ya
Crystal

PS...put this one in his baby book!!